Requirements for Temporary Sanitarian Permit
An applicant must meet the following requirements: graduation from an accredited college or university, with a bachelor’s degree and concentration of courses in the general area of environmental health. In lieu thereof, an applicant may offer a bachelor’s degree which includes at least thirty (30) semester hours (or the equivalent) of courses in the physical and biological sciences, with a minimum of six (6) hours in the physical sciences and a minimum of ten (10) hours in the biological sciences. The physical sciences will be said to include only chemistry and physics; the biological sciences include but are not limited to biology, entomology, microbiology, zoology, and such applied sciences as animal husbandry, dairy husbandry, environmental sciences, environmental engineering, and veterinary science.
The following must be submitted:
- Completed application for license – Click here for Form
- Official transcript from college or university
- Recent photo
- Appropriate fee (personal check or money order – made out to LSBES)
Fees for Temporary Sanitarian Permit
NOTE: A Temporary Permit is valid for one year from issue date!
- Education Review and Temporary Permit – $25.00
- Renewal of Temporary Permit – $25.00
- Reinstatement of Delinquent Temporary Permit – $15.00
- Penalty for Late Payment of Renewal of Temporary Permit – $15.00
Application, photo, official transcript and fees are to be mailed to:
7515 Jefferson Hwy., Box 161
Baton Rouge LA 70806
NOTE: All documents become the property of the Louisiana State Board of Examiners for Sanitarians. All fees remitted are non-refundable except under such conditions as the Board may establish.
Instructions for Renewing Temporary Sanitarian Permit
Sanitarians holding temporary permits may renew by submitting a letter to the Board. This letter must include temporary permit number and current mailing address. Please include appropriate fees and forward to the above address.
Requirements & Fees for Examination
The Louisiana State Board of Examiners for Sanitarians offers examinations at least twice a year. The examination consists of a written exam and an oral exam.
Requirements for examination are:
- One year field experience including specified phases of environmental health (documentation must be provided)
- Completion of a short, intensive training course in environmental health (copy of completion certificate must be provided)
- Letter requesting examination
- Examination Fee – $50.00
- Re-examination Fee – $25.00
Fees for Registered Sanitarians
The following fees are hereby in effect:
- Renewal of Registered Sanitarian License – $25.00 – PAY ONLINE
- Duplicate License – $20.00
- Penalty for Late Payment of Renewal of Registered Sanitarian License – $15.00 – PAY ONLINE
- Reinstatement Due to Revocation/Suspension (in addition to all past unpaid renewal fees) – $100.00
- Reactivation of Registered Sanitarian License – $100.00
- Registered Sanitarian Licenses are to be renewed by January 15th of each year.
Registered Sanitarians Online Renewal
NOTE: Registered Sanitarian Licenses are to be renewed by January 15th of each year!
- Renewal of Registered Sanitarian License – $25.00
- Penalty for Late Payment of Renewal of Registered Sanitarian License – $15.00